I’m excited to share with you the new series I’m starting on my blog – The Behr Necessities.
I consume a lot of content in a month and by sharing fundamental resources that have contributed to my growth, I hope to contribute to your growth and success.
It is my hope that the The Behr Necessities Monthly Roundup will inspire you to share resources that have helped you grow and that this blog will serve as a community to help empower women by providing practical insight that will help women become stronger and more confident to reach out of their comfort zone and claim their success.
Video – Seth Godin: The Tribes We Lead
Who needs to watch it?: Anybody interested in leadership
What I loved about this talk:
- It reiterates the notion that you’re not looking to sell to, or to lead everybody. Leadership, like sales, is about the true believers. If you want to attain great success, sell your idea or your product to the true believers.
- “If you’re not upsetting anyone, you’re not changing the status quo.” A leader is a rebel.
- Seth Godin’s fantastic use of visuals.
Who needs to read it?: Everyone. Because we can benefit from better presentation skills.
What I loved about this book:
- It’s written in a conversational tone and is so easy to read.
- There are so many options to crafting an effective introduction and presentation that intrigues people, and it’s all explained so clearly.
- The reminder to create a sound-bite for your message.
Podcast – The Marketing Book Podcast
Who needs to listen?: Business owners and marketers
Episodes I especially loved:
- Episode #105 – Impossible to Ignore – Carmen Simon
- Episode #103 – Momentum – Shama Hyder
- Episode #99 – More Sales Less Time – Jill Konrath
Blog – Sit At The Table
Who needs to read it?: Women and men who want to make sure that more women sit at the corporate boardroom table.
My favorite posts:
- The Value of Your Network and Networking
- Hating Wonder Woman: Why Men Shouldn’t Pick Female Role Models
- What Story Will You Leave Behind?
Tool – Canva
What is it?: Canva is a graphic design tool that enable non-graphic designers to create stunning designs.
What I love about Canva:
- It’s intuitive to use.
- There are plenty of free images to choose from but if you choose to purchase an image it’s only $1.
- Images look clean and professional. And if they don’t because you feel you don’t have a good eye for images – there are plenty of design tutorials for you.
What great resources helped you during this past month? Please share in the comments below.