Video – Reshma Saujani
Who needs to watch it?
Every mother, father and educator.
What I loved about this video:
- An inspiring and powerful talk. Reshma Saujani is doing such important work as the founder of Girls Who Code, not only preaching, but doing and helping girls everywhere be brave.
- I love her line on leveraging imperfection.
- This talk is so poignant. We condition are boys and girls differently. Our girls are paying our price and so is society. But there is hope.
Who needs to read it?
Believe it or not, I read this book when I was ten years old. I think my mother bought it for me, because I didn’t have any friends.
What I loved about this book:
- I loved re-visiting it. It’s an easy read. Lots of interesting vignettes.
- Each chapter focuses on a different principle, so it’s very easy to come back to for a refresh.
- While it seems like the principles are easy to apply and pretty much a no-brainer, I find it a challenge. However, the book is written in such a simple and unassuming tone, it makes you feel like anybody can apply these principles and if you’re having trouble, it just means you need to keep on persisting.
Podcast – Being Boss
Who needs to listen?
Instead of sharing new episodes, I’ll share with you the one episode I keep coming back to, but which I haven’t tried yet. It’s Episode 79 and it’s all about the chalkboard method. And since we’re about to start Q2, it’s a good time to share it, and a good time to get working on mine.