Guess what? I’ve been nominated for something. I don’t think I’ve ever been nominated for a thing. So huge thanks to Lisa Bouchard for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. I’m so touched. And honoured.
I’ve done a bit of research. Just a bit and I’m not going to make this too tedious. I just want to fill you in on what the Liebster is.
The Liebster Award is a blog award granted to determined and promising bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and who somebody feels deserves recognition and support to keep their blogging spirit on fire.
So once again Lisa Bouchard my huge thanks. If and when you come to Jerusalem – let’s meet up!
The other “rules” of the Liebster award that I have found are:
- Thank the giver and link back to her blog
- Copy and paste the award on your blog
- Reveal your top five picks for the award and let them know by commenting on their blog
- Hope that your nominees pay the award forward
But see, the rules I got from Lisa are just a bit different. Compare:
- I tell you 11 random facts about myself
- I answer 11 questions from the person that nominated me
- I then pass on 11 original questions to 11 other bloggers
Considering I heard about the rules from Lisa I’m going to stick with her rules but with a bit of a twist. I’m going to pass on a nomination to 11 other bloggers. Some of who I know will continue this chain and the rest, well…I’m not sure. I’ll leave it to them.
I will also mention that I don’t know if those I nominate for the Liebster Award have more or less than 200 followers. I don’t think it matters. It’s just plain fun to be a part of this.
So here goes. 11 random facts about myself:
1. I ran 11 kilometers thus far this week.
2. I’m an Orthodox Feminist Jewess
3. I only shop for clothes when my husband forces me to.
4. I’m a lefty.
5. If you ever steal my glasses I won’t be able to tell which way you ran.
6. I was born on the Fourth of July. But I’m Canadian. (Hey, is that two pieces of random info?)
7. I have a view of the Israeli Knesset (parliament) from my home.
8. I compost.
9. I’m vegan during the week (most of the time anyways).
10. I don’t own a TV.
11. Maimonides is my hero.
Questions from Lisa:
1. What is the most expensive thing you’ve ever purchased that you didn’t need?
My university education.
2. Where would you go in the event of a zombie apocalypse?
A movie theatre. Don’t ask me why.
3. What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever named a pet?
Snapple but only because the other choice is Plato.
4. Karaoke: fun bar experience or the demise of modern society?
I’d rather kill myself.
5. Describe your ideal vacation.
A week in Paris with my husband.
6. What’s your favorite thing to learn about and why?
Aruch HaShulchan. Because I love that Rabbi Yechiel Michel Epstein tries to make things clear enough for me to understand.
7. Heels or flats?
8. What’s your favorite game?
9. How many books do you read in a year?
10. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
11. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
My Eleven Questions for my Nominees:
1. What would you never be caught dead in?
2. What’s your favourite book?
3. If you could choose to be any fictional character – book or movie – who would you be?
4. What do you love to talk about so much that somebody always has to shut you up?
5. What would you never name your child?
6. Why would an evil stepmother hate you? (Apart from the reason that she’s evil!)
7. What’s the worst thing you ever said to someone?
8. Are you an early-bird or a night-owl?
9. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
10. At what age did you have the most fun?
11. What is your favourite city? Why?
And for the Liebster Award….drum roll please….I nominate:
1. Leon Moss
2. Laurie Rappeport
3. Suzy Spencer
4. Emma Straub
5. Aaron Polson
6. Shelley Munro
7.Taylor’s Writing Blog
8. Sarah’s English Writing Blog
9. Karen’s Blog
10. David’s Writing Blog
11. Love. Laugh. Share.